Welcome to HUSKY Infoline, your one-stop shopping website for all your HUSKY needs.
HUSKY Infoline is a specialized unit of the United Way of Connecticut/2-1-1 that provides information on the HUSKY program to working families, individuals, agencies, providers and other interested parties. The HUSKY Health Program is Connecticut’s state health insurance program.
Please refer to the self-help menu below for help with the following:
- If you would like to download a HUSKY application, click on the following:
- If you would like us to mail you an application, click here.
- If you would like to see a chart of the income guidelines, click on the following:
- If you would like to see a list of basic benefits covered by HUSKY, click here.
- If you are on HUSKY and need to find a participating provider,
call 800-859-9889 or click here.
- If you have HUSKY A, C, or D and need transportation to a medical appointment (must be requested 48 hours prior), call 888-248-9895.
- If you need to find a participating dental provider, call 866-420-2924 or click here.
- If you need a HUSKY member ID card (blue and white card), call 800-859-9889.
- If you need to find a participating behavioral health provider, call 877-552-8247 or click here.
- If you would like to see if a certain prescription is covered through HUSKY, please call 866-409-8430 or click here.
- ConneCT is the easy way to get information about your benefits and other DSS programs.
HUSKY Infoline caseworkers:
- Educate callers on the HUSKY application process, eligibility requirements and benefits. Also, mail HUSKY application packets to callers.
- Assist individuals with obtaining HUSKY services by referring callers to the appropriate resources or by advocating on behalf of the caller.
- Help people who are experiencing barriers getting on the program or staying on the program
- Provide support for the promotion of the HUSKY program through outreach and training to providers and families in the community.
Call HUSKY Infoline Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, toll-free at 1-877-CT-HUSKY (1-877-284-8759). Bilingual caseworkers are available.
If you know of a person who needs medical and dental insurance, please call for additional information on the HUSKY program.
Recent Changes in the HUSKY Health Plan
HUSKY B - Effective 1/1/2013, the HUSKY B band 3 premium will increase to $314 per member per month. All copayments will remain the same. See copay list below:
- $10 - non-preventive office visits
- $15 - routine eye exams and hearing screens
- $10 - brand name drugs
- $5 - generic drugs
- Some dental services have copayments
NEW HUSKY C AND D PROGRAMS - Effective January 1, 2012, the new HUSKY Health program includes Medicaid for adults in the programs known as fee-for-service or Title 19 (Medicaid for the Aged/Blind/Disabled and Medicaid for Low-Income Adults).
- HUSKY C,also known as Medicaid/Title 19, is available to Connecticut residents aged 65 or older, or who are aged 18 through 64 and who are blind, or who have another disability (also known as Medicaid for the Aged/Blind/Disabled, or Title 19). There are income and asset limits to qualify for this program. Net income limits (after deductions) vary by geographic area in Connecticut.
- HUSKY D, also known as MLIA, is available to Connecticut residents aged 19 through 64, who do not qualify for HUSKY A; who do not receive federal Supplemental Security Income or Medicare; and who are not pregnant. There are income limits to qualify for this program, which vary by geographic region.
- For more information on either of these programs or to have an application mailed, please contact HUSKY Infoline at 877-CT HUSKY (877-284-8759).
NEW PLAN CHANGES – Effective January 1, 2012, HUSKY members will no longer be enrolled in a health plan or in HUSKY Primary Care. Medical services for all HUSKY members, including HUSKY C and D, will now be coordinated directly by the new HUSKY Health program. These services include finding participating doctors, benefit questions, appointment scheduling, a 24-hour nurse line, and intensive care management. For more information, please contact HUSKY Infoline at 877 CT HUSKY or 877-284-8759.